8.10.2009

Chase's first day of school!

Last Thursday was Chase's first day of school--he was so so so excited he could hardly stand it. I was so so so nervous I could hardly stand it. Joe and I walked him to school--got him settled in class--and we I mean I had a hard time leaving--Chase just kept saying bye mom, bye dad, it's time for school. So we left--I didn't cry even though I wanted to. I was very brave. When I got home I took Jimmy out for a special surprise--he of course was so very jealous of Chase!

At about 10:30 I guess Chase's excitement for school had not diminished only increased when the class decided to take a tour of the school Chase decided to go on his own tour--running and yelling through the whole building--so needless to say I kinda got my wish of knowing exactly what Chase's first day of school was, as I spent the rest of the day in his class helping him listen and stay put.

Friday I was a little leery whether or not he would be able to stay all day at school without me so I thought I would stay with him and slowly fade out toward the end of the day--but when I dropped him off at his desk he said--bye mom be a good boy for Miss ----- and I said that's right you be a good boy for Miss -----, I left and picked him up at the end of the day-- so all is well that ends well--he just needed to get used to the routine I guess.

5 comments:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

kindergarten is hard! Devin was getting notes home everyday at first, but he got used to it.

Hollie said...

Chase- I am so proud of you! I am glad that you like school. It sounds like you are doing so well. I hope that you have lots of fun at school and learn lots! I love you- Aunt Hollie

Mama Walker said...

Hurray for Chase. I know you will love school and learn so much. Jimmy you can have so much fun with Mommy. I love you both
Grandma Walker

curtis chaos said...

Good job not crying Manders! I'm very impressed. I bawl my eyes out just thinking about Haden going to school and that's not for four more years! Hey, when do we get to see you guys? I need you to teach me how to swim. How's that for random?

Pittman Four said...

Yea... so how did today go???

Everyday will get a little bit easier!!!