2.15.2012

Indiana

Well we are "home" in Indiana--living it up in a small hotel room--doing the homeschool thing--I am so happy to be together as a family--even though these aren't ideal circumstances.  Jimmy pleads to swim--everyday. Chase would be happy to watch food network--all day.  Me--I just wish that we could be settled already!  Unfortunately or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, I am not sure that is in the cards for Joe and I--we always seem to be on the edge of something changing--jobs, houses, kids, dogs, etc...  I look at the farms that we are surrounded by now and I wonder/envy their lifestyle. 

Have I ever mentioned that I want a farm--not a big farm, but a farm that we can sustain ourselves by--raise some piggies and chickens--have a massive garden--hang my laundry out to dry--can my own produce--share with my neighbors--sort of farm.  I want my kids to learn the value of hard work, dedication, and reward that I think a farm would provide.  It all seems ideal--doesn't it! But we have to pay the bills and stick with what we have got--for now--come what may--we can face it together.......and the boys can have their daddy, who they missed more than anything!

3 comments:

Mama Walker said...

Never give up your dreams just keep living and loving and dreams will come true maybe not as you had planned but Will it matter if you're together

Amber said...

Jimmy's dino pictures reminded me of something we loved to do in homeschool. Have you read any of the magic treehouse books? You also can get the study guides that go along with them, full of real facts. We made whole units on the books and the series goes from easy to read to hard so it was great for any age. In fact we did the one about Hawaii when you went to pick up your boys and made leis and everything it rocked.

And Ps we would love a farm too. Nate grew up on his grandpa's cattle farm and loved it.

Hollie said...

I live on a farm and I haven't seen any of you do chores when you come to visit! I will keep in mind that you would like to help next time you come :)