1.02.2009




Our new front yard is full of leaves---so we decided to have the kids do the bagging (with mine and Bekah--my little sis--help) You can see by their expressions how they feel about having chores to do now!?!? I also have them help me with the laundry--Chase is in charge of loading the clothes into the washer and returning the basket to the appropriate room--Jimmy is in charge of moving the clothes from the washer to the dryer--and they both unload the dryer. As much as I want them to stay little boys forever--I think doing chores is good for them. On another side note of growing up--the other day I was doing my hair and Chase needed to go potty--so he comes in and says to me--"Ummm shut the door" and proceedes to shut me out of the bathroom. I am so proud of him for being so grown up but at the same time--a little sad--he doesn't need me as much as he used to :( But really it is wonderful thing and Joe and I very proud of him.


2 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow, you get to rake leaves this time of year instead of shoveling snow!

Jewel Ross said...

It striking how much they are growing, into the people that they are and the personalities that shape them. From babies to little boys and soon grown men. You two are such amazing parents and I miss you all very much. I hope you had a great holiday season.

With all my Love