1.28.2009

I usually have something in mind when I come to post--but today I just didn't have anything in mind when I sat down--I guess maybe I can just say that I love lazy days at home just hanging out with the kids--we don't have to be doing anything just chasing each other around, having tickle fights and playing hide and go seek ( a game Chase absolutely hates! but Jimmy loves) It is interesting to me that up until the last month or so the boys seemed to have such similar interests. But now they are starting to differ--which is good--but also causes some contention. Chase used to be so content to let Jimmy choose everything, take toys away from him, push him out of the way--we used to have to watch and correct Jimmy all the time for walking all over Chase--Chase doesn't stand for it anymore--he fights back or vocalizes his opinion when it comes to Movies, toys, etc. He even comes and gets Joe or I if he thinks Jimmy is doing something he shouldn't. Now I don't want to make Jimmy seem like he is mean or anything--he just is larger than life in size, personality and attitude. He is sweet as pie when he wants to be. And is always ultra concerned about Chase (where he is, what he is doing and that kind of stuff) So anyway I just wanted to write down the little things that maybe I neglect to mention in my "normal" posts.
  • Chase loves the movie WALL-E and does not like me to do anything for him--he has become quite independant both in actions and thinking.
  • Where Jimmy's favorite movie is Kung Fu Panda--and he wants me to do everything for him--he will sit on the floor and try to wiggle his way into his pants--he just won't touch them with his hands--I can't really figure out why but maybe he is just fighting growing up? He likes being the baby too much? Or is he just being 3?
Sorry to put you through the ramblings of me---

1 comment:

Jewel Ross said...

When Jimmy was a baby and was still on a bottle he used to act like he was incapable of holding the bottle himself. Mind you, at this time he was already 10 months but he would look at me and pretend as if he didn't know how to do it or as if he was just too lazy to do it himself when he was prefectly able (cute enough) to get someone else to do the work for him. I think in a lot of ways he loves being the baby, the center of attention, when it suits him. He is all 'spit and fire' but then will turn around and smile, come to cuddle and let you see how sweet, vunerable, and adoring he is. It simply breaks your heart. Chase was always one to try and do everything for himself, figure out how it's done and try with all his might to master the task at hand. Chase was a little bit of a late walker. But then one day he just stood up and instead of taking his first wobbly steps, he took off running. I'm so glad to hear that Chase is standing his ground when it comes to Jimmy. Everytime when you refer to Chase talking or when you post of video of him talking I am so amazed at how much he has learned and how much he has grown. They are both SO beautiful, and you all such an amazing family.

With all my Love