6.16.2009

Okay so a few weeks ago--I had the oppurtunity to go to Young Women Camp--I love it!!! This is my 3rd year going and I think it was my most difficult but most rewarding year so far. I was the YCL leader this year--that's Youth Camp Leaders--which meant I was up at camp from Tuesday morning to Saturday afternoon--I wouldn't think that one more day would be that much more but, it sure made it feel a lot longer!
I have served in the Young Women calling at church for much of my adult life--I love it--I love the Young Women--they teach me far more than I am sure I teach them--they inspire me to be better. Camp this year was no exception to this--I had many chances to strengthen my relationship with my Savior and my Heavenly Father over the course of just a few days. I love challenges that arise for in them we find our own inner strength and we find that with the help of our Heavenly Father and his Son we can do anything. They will help us feel inspired as to what needs to be done in all things.
I didn't have much free time as you can imagine--I was the sole leader over the YCL's and there were 15 of them, all with a whole lot of resposibility. But much of the time I had to myself I spent in fervent prayer over these girls--trying to find ways to reach out to all of them and help them reach out to the girls they had charge over as Youth Leaders.
I was beyond inspired by the strength of these girls--there ability to overcome their own problems, wants, and even needs for those they were there serving. It was truely a huge testimony building experience for me as I hope it was for them.
Any way I just thought I would share a little bit about what I was doing while I was away! I love serving the Lord and hope that I live up to his expectations of me.


These are the girls I get to work with on a weekly basis--I love them all!!

1 comment:

Dane, Holly, Devin, and Jarom said...

Thanks for sharing your YW camp. Love the picture of all of you. I am sure it was hard but fun and worth it.