4.01.2009

Because cool moms let their kids sleep in the belly of a shark!


The other day I was cleaning out the boys room--you know the routine--get rid of clothes that don't fit, toys that are broken, stuff that just gets on your nerves--that kind of stuff. When I happened upon an item I forgot I had--the SHARK TENT! The kids remembered it and wanted me to put it up--I was all for it! Then me and my sis got to talking about the stuff that makes moms cool--for instance my mom is cool because she would let us play store "with real food" in her living room on rainy days--we got to build tents--make bean bags--make a skating rink in the garage--you know all kinds of stuff that now as a mom just seems like one more mess to clean up. Then my sis said something--you know if you let your kids sleep in that tent you would be just about the coolest mom ever--well who doesn't want to be the coolest? I think that sometimes I just get too caught up in the day to day stuff that I forget that this is the time to create memories--this is the time to let the cleaning, laundry, all that stuff slide for a while. I want more than anything when my boys grow older to know how much fun I thought they were to play with--to have adventures with--to laugh with! The boys were so excited they could hardly wait for bed time because they "sleep in the shart, please" They are growing up way to fast I just want to freeze them the way they are now! Happy, enthusiastic, energetic, healthy, snuggly, wonderful little boys!

6 comments:

Keddington Chronicles said...

This is sweet, AND...The coolest shark tent ever!!!! Where did you get that? I think you are a very cool mom! The best! ;)

Amanda said...

The tent was a gift--but I have seen them at target!

Johnna Jayne said...

I love the, "sleep in the shart." How cute.

Mama Walker said...

I had to remind myself often to relax and have fun with all of you. Somedays, now that you are all gone from home, I wish I could have you all back and make more memories. I love you Manda and Bekah. Chase and Jimmy I sent you a package yesterday hope you have fun with it
Mom/Grandma

Cheri said...

What an awesome tent! You're a cool Mom for sure! I bet that tent stayed up for a few days!

Jewel Ross said...

Because you know you really are the coolest Mom (and they'll always know that, minus the time that they're teenage boys and you tell them to do homework and not play video games. Then you'll wonder where their loyality went ~ :) ~)! I really do think you're an amazing mom.

With all my Love